any given day Green Tree classes can be found all over Seattle
taking advantage of the wonderful opportunities the city has
From the time the children are toddlers, teachers take them
on both planned and impromptu excursions. Our infant room enjoys taking walks around downtown.
Tree focuses on nurturing the whole child - heart, body, mind and
spirit. The following is a list of just some of the exciting opportunities
Green Tree offers to its children:
Each classroom teacher uses observation paired with a strong understanding
of child development theory to design a curriculum customized to
the needs of the children in that class. The lessons and activities
emerge with the child.
- fieldtrips (museums, science center, aquarium, zoo)
- outings (Pike Place Market, area parks)
- music and movement classes
- innovative open-ended art experiences,
- anti-bias, cultural awareness
- science and math
- regular visits to the library
- kindergarten readiness
Tours are held once a month.
Call for details:
Cathy Prygrocki, Director
1200 6th Avenue, Ste 200
Seattle, WA 98101